Thursday 9 February 2012

Date #9: Possible Sugar Daddy?

Date  9 of 29.

NAME:  Possible Sugar Daddy? 
AGE:  47 (yes... nearly twice my age)
OCCUPATION: Customer Relations
TYPE:  Drag Queen on his day off... yet with a FIT body
NATIONALITY: British 
DATE RATING:  3 Stars

This entry is a bit interesting for 2 reasons: 
  1. Because I am completely wasted right now and
  2. I am having to have my friend scribe this for me so the blog remains coherent and rational.
To start off, we decided to meet at a pub that unbeknownst to me turned out to be a gay establishment.  I immediately got uncomfortable as I always do in gay settings. Those beady judging eyes on you.  You never know what they’re thinking… UNLESS you see them having a conversation about you when they’re only 10 feet away. Just imagine for a second... I’m dancing in a gay club in when I look over and see:

“What about him? With the dickie bow?” as he points at me and makes a gesture of a bow tie.
To which the remotely attractive gay guy responded “Oh god no!”

Yes. That actually happened. 

Anyway, when he first showed up he didn’t look quite like his picture. You assume with older men that they will always appear younger in their pictures. (This guy had mainly shirtless pictures showing off his rather nice physique.) He walked in and was quite a bit more “old man camp” than I imagined, but I was fine with that. He gave me a hug and I got a whiff of powder... yes make-up powder (I only know what it smells like because I’m an actor).  He had a very meek demeanour that many of the British possess, which is starting to grate on me.  Many times I had to say “sorry?” to try to get him to speak up. He was really lovely. I was his first date in a few months since he moved back to the UK from spending a year abroad.  He said he was rather nervous because of this.  The 47 year old was nervous to meet the 24 year old!? What’s wrong with this picture? 

We had a great conversation and after one drink we moved to a Spanish Tapas restaurant. THIS is when it started to get messy! We decide to get a JUG of Sangria…which seemed like a good idea at the time. We ordered tapas (algunos estaban mal, pero otros eran muy delicioso), ate them and proceeded to talk about his better days.  It seems that older gay men tend to live in the past of their glory days instead of living “in the now”.  He also went on to show me pictures of his 30 year old self in a “Mr. Gay UK” contest in just a speedo.  Let’s just say if that man came up to me in a bar…I’d be a little more turned on.

Then I found out that he has always dated younger men and he's never been with anyone over 25. He didn’t “come out” until his mid-twenties, and then his first boyfriend was 18.  Since then, he’s gotten older but his boyfriends have stayed the same age.  I think this says a lot about a man - do they think it will make them feel young?   Maybe certain men just like being the father figure and caregiver...but what always happens in the end? Either the sugar daddy keels over and the twinkie gets a fortune, or the little slut boy finds someone his own age to play with in the sandlot. 

Throughout this whole date I couldn’t help but miss a previous older man that I dated last year. I will title him Golden Oldie.  I will be honest, we chatted heavily on and off for about 3 months before we actually found a day that we could meet. The chemisty we had on our first date is what I’m trying to recreate in these 29 dates.  It was just phenomenal. When we first met, we were both a bit nervous.  This blossomed into mutual interest and amazing conversation about anything and everything. It was just perfect. We then went up to his hotel room, had some lovely Marriott coffee and cuddled. I ended up staying the night, purely due to the fact that it was too late to get home. We may have messed around, but it didn’t go too far. He then got up at 5 a.m. and went to the hotel gym and later, I woke up alone in the bed, but with a note on the pillow telling me where he was. He got ready for work and I left for home. 

Now you ask what ever happened to him?  I honestly don’t know. After an AMAZING first date, he disappeared. He later told me he had an ex-wife and kids in France and was off visiting them for 3 weeks.  I was completely fine with that and he told me that all the guys in the past got freaked out and left when they found this out. So why, when I was accepting of who he was, did he push me away? I will never know. 

Wow... bring it back to the matter at hand. Possible Sugar Daddy.  The night ended well. We proceeded to get another jug of Sangria and I got wasted. Completely wasted. He walked me to the tube and said he wanted to see me again. I think I will but I might feel guilty that I don’t have romantic feelings for him. Though can you actually ever tell on a first date? 

All in all, I’m not even sure how I made it home. As soon as I did though, I marched upstairs, jumped into my roommates bed and rolled around wailing about Golden Oldie. I’m a bit upset that she’s making me post this blog right now when all I want to do is go to bed. I’m interested to see what she scribed for me in the morning. I hope I don’t have a hangover…

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow (and his roommate Bean)

No comments:

Post a Comment