Friday 10 February 2012

Date #10: God I Hope I Get It

Date  10 of 29.
NAME:   God I Hope I Get It
AGE:  23
OCCUPATION: Dancer/Retail Manager
TYPE:  TopMan Model
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  3 1/2 Stars

This date had the biggest turn around from initial judgements to how I felt when we said goodbye.  At first glance, I felt like I could just see the disappointment in his eyes... people do always tell me that I “photograph well”.  Does that mean that I’m ugly in person?   Then I go in for a hug that turned out to be the most unenthusiastic hug of my life.  I literally sent a text to my best friend saying “this one is going to be a knob.” 

We finally sat down and I did not get a good vibe. It just seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but here and he even proceeded to half-jokingly say “I’m not going to a museum, f*** off” since I had previously suggested we venture to a museum after coffee.  Guess not! After that comment it suddenly dawned on me he was that dry, sassy and sarcastic gay guy that you see in films. I then tuned into this, played along and the date took a complete 180.  If you knew me, you’d probably say I’m a sassy guy, but for some reason I never tap into that side of me on first dates. This also goes back to how I think you can never really get to know someone on the first date.  Every new date, you can kind of pick-and-choose your personality traits and decide how you want to be personified for each different guy.  The sarcastic American hasn’t come out in ages, but this is the weapon I had to unleash to fight back.  When I did, the banter flowed.  It was when he looked on his phone to show me some music that we realised we had been chatting for 2 1/2 hours. Time flies... 

We have very similar tastes in music, laughed about the fabulous mess that was the Madonna Super Bowl show (this time it was me re-enacting her weird push-up leg trick with LMFAO) and had similar obsessions with certain reality TV shows.  However, he did not approve of my love of cooking shows and Food Network. He would have to learn to deal with my obsession with Barefoot Contessa and MasterChef if we 
continued to date.  We also share similar life stories,  both performers working dead end jobs to make ends meet. Can two starving artists make a good match?  Why is it that I only connect with the same kind of guy? Younger - Check. Performer - Check. No Money - Check. I have told myself  OVER AND OVER (and my mother concurs) that I need to date older. My life is in order, I’m on my way to being “sorted” and my career is on the right track.  Is it too much to ask for a professional man who enjoys the arts, food, traveling and has a spontaneous and spastic side to them? 

However, I would really like to see God I Hope I Get It again. (100 points if you get the name reference.) When we went our separate ways in the tube station, he looked at me and said “aww” (in an “I don’t want to leave” sort of way) and proceeded to give me a VERY enthusiastic hug followed by a kiss on the cheek.  He even tried to stand on his tiptoes to be taller than me.  Cute.  At the beginning of the date I created an “escape clause” and said that I had friends coming over so the date wouldn’t last too long.  On my way home, I regretted making that statement and wished we had gone on an adventure.  Maybe that’ll teach me not to lie... 

Likelihood of a 2nd date: Yes, please. 

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment