Sunday 12 February 2012

Date #12: Expect the Unexpected

Date  12 of 29.

NAME:   Expect the Unexpected 
AGE:  23
OCCUPATION: Dancer/Model
TYPE: Soho Trendy
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  4 Stars

The reason I’ve titled him Expect the Unexpected is because this guy is not only deaf, but he is a dancer. I just admire him so much.  He has not let anything get in his way of doing what he loves.  I will admit that because of this, I was more nervous to meet this guy than any of the others.  Walking to the coffee shop (which was finally NOT a Starbucks) I was taking deep breaths and reassuring myself that this would be a good experience no matter what happened.  I walked downstairs, quickly spotted him (big blonde curly hair) and he just smiled and gave me a massive hug.  Immediately he asked me how I was and what I wanted to drink.  Inside I felt a huge sigh of relief.  There was a major part of me that thought we wouldn’t be able to have a conversation, but he put my mind to ease and my nerves just went out the window. 

Before I continue, I must let you know this is the first guy that knew about the blog.  He tweeted about the blog, I went to his profile and I knew I had to go on a date with him.  It was such a relief to be able to talk openly about everything.  Since this is such a big part of my life currently, I always want to talk about it because I’m rather excited, but I’ve had to keep it secret. 

Isn’t it strange how the best conversation came from the one who can’t hear.   Our topics just flowed seamlessly from theatre, God, Celine Dion, the afterlife, musicals to our coming out stories... it was all just so effortless.  Yes, we did talk about the Madonna Super Bowl performance for the third date out of 29, and no I’m not the one that brings it up every time.  It was nice how he was completely open with talking about being deaf and it made me feel really comfortable.  Ironically, he was far easier to understand than Date #11. 

We over extended our stay at the coffee shop (it closed) and went bowling. His suggestions was so random, but I just love spontaneous outings.   He won, but I still had so much fun. Not once on the date did I have the urge to kiss him, and sadly I’m rather bummed about that.  He and I just got on seamlessly as mates and I would absolutely love to see him again. We talked about going to see DV8 at The National Theatre.  I hope we do.  

This date was absolutely wonderful. We ended with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He then slipped me his business card (See Date #1).  It was hilarious. I like his sense of humour and I really hope I see this guy again. 

Likelihood of 2nd Date: Certainly

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow


CLICK TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this, I'm partial to the whole thing because I am a hearing person dating a deaf person. But they truly are underrated human beings, their just as wonderful and have magnif personalities; and not scary, as people may feel they are. Wonderful date, I do hope you two see each other again - Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, I love the blog... is like my old Telenovela!
    I wonder if the date went well because he knew what you are up to or the text is so nice because you know he would read it... or it could just possibly went well, right??

    ReplyDelete