Friday 24 February 2012

Date #23: Still Lovely

Date  23 of 29.

NAME: Still Lovely (See Date #16)
AGE:  30
OCCUPATION:  Architecture
TYPE: European Preppy
NATIONALITY: Slovakian
DATE RATING: 4 1/2 Stars


If you read my tweets, you would know I was terribly nervous for this. It was my first second date during the blog and I guess I had been going through the motions so much that when one came along that really mattered I went back to 14 year old crush mode.  

When we met at the tube station, the first few minutes were a bit awkward getting back into the swing of things. He also had a rough day at work so that didn’t help. We went to the theatre, got drinks and then it just went back to what it was last week.  Somehow I get on better with someone whose second language is English than the 100 other actual English guys I’ve been on dates with. 

We went to go see a new musical on press night done by a company I had worked with before.  I had a lot of friends in the audience so I took extra precaution and messaged them all before to explicitly tell them not to mention the blog. Thank god no one did.  I won’t go into details of the show as this isn’t a review blog.  

After the show, we chatted with friends and he just fit in SO WELL! Usually “normal” people don’t really understand theatre folk.  We can be a bit mental, but he just slid right into conversations like a pro.  When we had a moment apart, my past director said she could definitely see us together. That’s always a good sign.  A few minutes later, one of the actors asked if he was my “other half”... the first thing out of my mouth was “we’ll see”... Awkward.  

We may or may not have kissed on the way home. He may or may not have texted me saying that he enjoyed tonight. Either way, he’s still lovely. 

LIKELIHOOD OF 3RD DATE: Umm... YES! 

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Glad he fit into your lifestyle, thats important! Cant wait for the third date!

    ReplyDelete