Monday 6 February 2012

Date #6: Mr. Nice

Date  6 of 29. 

NAME:  Mr. Nice
AGE:  30
OCCUPATION: Hospitality
TYPE:  Preppy Nerd
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  3 Stars... but not romantically

This entry may be a bit shorter than in the past because it’s completely drama free.  It was rather refreshing to go out with a guy who didn’t have necessarily a strong personality... a guy who was just nice, yet not boring at all. 

From his pictures I kind of expected him to be a cocky shite (which I have to say was rather attractive to me).  He ended up being incredibly nice and definitely looked like his pictures, but had a different aura than I thought he would. Is there such a thing as "too nice"? 

Now... Trying to learn from my observations from previous dates... I wanted to bring out my true personality. But, in an effort to be my “true self” I ended up just talking about me... for about an hour. It was partly due to his inquisitive nature, but I realised that about halfway through the date I hadn’t asked him a single question.  I quickly made up for it and found out a bit more about him. It turns out that he is good friends with a successful actress who went to my drama school! He’s an avid theatre lover, which is really nice to see. It is rare to have valid theatre discussions with a non-actor. 

It’s sad to say that there was a mutual feeling of friendship between us.  During our 2 hour date we didn’t stop chatting even once.  I would absolutely love to to go to the theatre with him and hang out, but I’m afraid there was no physical romantic attraction. 

For this date, I requested that we meet at a coffee shop due to my recent lack of funds. We did but, I was a bit put off at the end when it came time to pay our coffee bill. We went up to the till and he said he’d like to pay for the americano. I had a flat white.  Now, wouldn’t you think a 30 year old with a stable job would foot the 2 pound more to pay for a poor 24 year old struggling actor’s coffee? Am I wrong? Maybe it’s just me... going Dutch is proving to be fashionable. 

While it was a completely lovely coffee, I don’t see us moving forward romantically. If he asked me to go see Matilda for the 2nd time then I would. Otherwise... 

Until we rendezvous again, 

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow. 


CLICK TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful idea. I wish you luck; suppose you don't make a serious romantic connection from this - will you continue? As a viewer/follower; I support your quest to keep going.

    ReplyDelete