Saturday 4 February 2012

Date #4: Everything in Common, Yet Nothing to Say

Date  4 of 29. 

NAME: Everything in Common, Yet Nothing to Say
AGE: 23
OCCUPATION: Stage Manager
TYPE: Normal British Guy (I don’t know how to better describe it better)
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  1 Star

Before I even start to talk about this horrific date, I have to share with you what happened on the way there. I was on the tube and was sitting on the seats facing the platform, thus I could see who was getting on the train.  Guess who was standing directly in front of me when the train stopped... Date #2 : Motormouth. You can’t write this shit!  I got a little frightened that he would somehow figure out what I was doing, but that was a bit stupid. We exchanged a hug and kiss on the cheek and he immediately went into this high energy story of how he hasn’t seen his friend in a year and how she’s always giving excuses (cue googley eyes).  I then had to get off the train because I was meeting my best friend at a pub that “she” suggested.  This encounter confirmed the sneaking suspicion I had of us just being good friends. We could definitely carry on a convo but it was pure friendliness. He then texted me later saying that he’d like to meet up again. Maybe. 

Now, I had high hopes for Date #4.  We had everything going for us. We’re both in theatre,  he likes musicals and his friend stage managed a past production that I was in at drams school. Not only this, but he was completely my type; tall and scruffy. It was great.  Judging from our previous conversations, we seemed to click. Wrong! This just goes to show that you can never tell from online chatting.  Hence the name. We had NOTHING to talk about.  There would be an exchange of a comment, a reply and then dead silence for about 2 minutes. He went to the loo TWICE during our date (which lasted a mere 45 minutes, including walking to the pub and waiting to get drinks). In all honesty, it was my turn to buy the next round of drinks, but I sure as hell didn’t want to if I had to endure another 20-30 minutes of this! In the words of my best friend... “It was absolutely mortifying.” And it was.

I’m never the one to actually end anything properly. I never say “we should do this again” or “well I think I ought to be going”.  I’m always the one to nod and agree. This time,  after a few minutes of silence when he said he should probably go (and I quote) due to his lack of energy from work... Whether or not it was true, I was glad he said it and I didn’t argue. 

For those who know me, this may come as a bit of a shock but I’m a pushover when it comes to dating. I’m completely indecisive as to where to go, what to do and what I want to drink or eat. It’s like when I get around a guy my strong personality suddenly takes a back seat to indecision.  These dates have made me realise this and it’s something I want to work on. 

While I’m worried that I will run into him somewhere along the way (London theatre is a small world), I don’t think we ended on bad terms.  

Likelihood of 2nd date: Are you joking? 

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow.


CLICK TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

1 comment:

  1. Poor you... but i'm still laughing!!

    Loving your dates...

    Until we rendezvous again!! ;]
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete