Thursday 16 February 2012

Date #15: Young and Full of Ideas

Date  15 of 29.

NAME: Young and Full of Ideas
AGE:  24
OCCUPATION: Art Student
TYPE: Skater/Trendy
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  2 Stars

So before I get into Date #15, I thought I would give you the latest update on Lucky Number 13.  He was definitely my favourite so far and we’ve been casually texting back and forth since the initial date. I get a text tonight asking how I was and then he drops the bomb that he is freshly single and would like to see me again as friends. AS FRIENDS. The bane of my existence.  If I had a pound for every time a guy has said that to me since being in the UK, I would be wealthier than Donald Trump. No joke. This is one of the reasons I’m doing the blog. Why do I keep getting the same reaction from every single British guy that I date? Just friends. Fresh out of a relationship. Not ready. Those excuses can shove it.  What did I do to feel better? I Went to a bar, requested “Total Eclipse of the Heart” and belted my face off.  It felt good.  However, I’m choosing to be optimistic... I still have 14 more dates.

On to the topic at hand.  This guy had 100 bonus points from the get go. It was his idea to go for a pancake date at The Breakfast Club.  A for originality. I love pancakes and cute guys, so it seemed like a match made in heaven. He was a difficult one to figure out though. I didn’t know exactly what he would look like in person from the pictures he sent, but he seemed reasonably nice and cute.  I showed up and discovered that he was rather short. I’m 6ft so that automatically just puts us in an awkward hugging position.  

We go into the restaurant and start talking about what he’s studying and why I came to the UK. I’ve said it so many times that it just slips out of my mouth so easily.  We then get into interesting territory.  For being 24, he was still had a very 19 year old student mentality and it was a bit hard to have a conversation with him. We somehow moved from interior design and eclectic furniture to his weird theories on life.  He believes that a person will become whatever society tells them to become. His example was if someone named their child “Butch” they would turn out to be a very rough and tough guy with tattoos and such.  Unfortunately, I had to strongly disagree with him.  This weird version of self-fulfilling prophecy made me rather heated.  I don’t know what it is with this week but it’s the stream of debate dates.  This one, however, was much friendlier and didn’t have a stick up his arse.  I later found out that his “coming out” story was similar to his theory.  He hooked up with a guy, that guy told everyone and then he “became” this roaring homo in secondary school due to his peers perception of gay men. In his case, yes his theory is true, but it couldn’t be less true in my case. 

The end of the date was fine. We parted our separate ways.  I think I’ve decided to wait until I hear from the guy to make a move for a 2nd date. If he doesn’t want to, then he can just walk on.  I’ve also discussed this with my friends and mum, they’ve decided that I need an older man.  I think that’s what I will try for a few dates and see what happens. 

LIKELIHOOD OF 2ND DATE: Meh. Don’t really care. 

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you sang the house song at the bar to feel better! ... It in turn also made me feel good!
    -Shaunessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hate on the shorter guys. My boyfriend is 6'4" and I'm 5'7" and the hugs are anything but awkward, photos less so ;)

    ReplyDelete