Monday 13 February 2012

Date #13: Lucky Number 13

Date  13 of 29.

NAME:   Lucky Number 13
AGE:  28
OCCUPATION: HR Rep
TYPE: Geek Chic
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  4 1/2  Stars

From a reader’s point of view, I can see how you would think that I’ve been on a string of good dates, and I have. Each just had a little something missing. Tonight was the date that just clicked. The spark was there and it was amazing.  We met, found a bar, had a bottle of wine and before we knew it 3 hours had passed.  I learned so much about him and he brought so much out of me that I hadn’t thought of for a long time.  It was just brilliant.  He seemed rather reserved at first but about 2 hours in, his sassy side came out with his references to his “wives at work” and past experiences.  It was a bit odd though, he said his family has never (in his memory) had a true fight. Even his friends comment on how “normal” his family seems. I don’t know how I feel about that. Fights are a just a part of life. Isn't it more out of the ordinary for people to go through life without getting into a row even once? 

The true sign of our future together is that we both have tortoise shell Ray Bans. Everyone has their inner Material Girl.  It’s the little things. I walked away with butterflies after an amazing kiss goodnight. This is the first time that I was actually worried as to what he’d think if and when he found out that this was all a part of a blog... I wonder what he would say? Will this all become pointless when my “match” finds out that he started out as just an experiment? 

With that thought, I shall retire thinking of him.  

LIKELIHOOD OF 2ND DATE: God I hope so. 

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow. 


CLICK TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that kind of what a first date always is, an experiment? It's not like they're being led on or anything. Maybe he'd even be flattered that he beat out the other 28 guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! You've finally got one that you can hope for a second, and it hopefully be more than a friendly meeting! Great job, can't wait for another date with this one!

    ReplyDelete