Saturday 11 February 2012

Date #11: All Picture, No Sound

Date  10 of 29.

NAME:   All Picture, No Sound 
AGE:  23
OCCUPATION: Accountant
TYPE: Beardy Bookish Beauty
NATIONALITY: Italian
DATE RATING:  2 Stars


Out of all my dates so far, this one was probably the biggest disappointment.  On a scale of 1 to 10 (one being Shrek and 10 being gorgeous) he would be a 9.5.  At first glance, everything about him was just beau.ti.ful.  He had a slim toned body, scruffy beard, striking green eyes and a lovely smile but lordy . . . once he opened his mouth, it all went out the window.   


This was the first of my dates with a non Brit.  He was Italian, e cosi bello!  He had a weird English-Italian accent that was quite difficult to understand at some points.  It didn’t help that he talked extremely fast, almost as if his mouth was struggling to keep up with his brain.  Somehow the conversation wandered between problems with his bank over his ID card (riveting) to Madame Bovary and I still can’t tell you how we got from point A to B.  From an insane reenactment of him yelling at bank employees that his European ID was valid anywhere in the EU (again, riveting) to talking about different types of carriages in 19th Century France.  I just nodded and smiled the entire afternoon.   I think I said a total of 5 sentences the entire time.  Boy could he ramble on and on about nothing.  I found I had to force a laugh to appear interested but to be honest, I had no idea what he was talking about most of the time. 


Despite all the things I didn’t like about Mr. Bello Italiano, I was so utterly attracted to him physically that I have to admit I was tempted to invite him home with me.  What can I say...he was hot and I’m human!  Hey, he can’t talk if we’re making out, right??  In the end I resisted.  I did set rules for myself when I started this blog.

If I’m going to play, I’ll play by the rules.  


Likelihood of a 2nd date: I doubt it... 

Until we rendezvous again, 

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment