Wednesday 8 February 2012

Date #8: Nice

Date  8 of 29. 

NAME: Nice 
AGE:  30
OCCUPATION: Freelance Media Coordinator 
TYPE: Tall and Scruffy
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  4 Stars

WOW. What a breath of fresh air! From the moment he walked into Starbucks, I could tell he had such a wonderful energy.  He gave me a nice hug and asked me if I was “behaving.” A rather odd question, but I liked it. Out of all the dates he’s certainly what I would classify as “my type”...  tall, scruffy, nice smile, didn’t try too hard with fashion and just had a nice aura about him. 

I had already gotten my tea and he went up and ended up only getting a bottle of water because he was trying to be healthy.  Weird because he’s rather skinny. He proceeded to ask me where I was from, then asked if I had seen Madonna’s Super Bowl performance. I told him I thought it was a mess and he proceeded to get up in the middle of Starbucks and reenact what he called her “chicken dance” moves. That’s the kind of guy I love, someone who is not afraid to make a fool of himself. He had me in stitches in the first 5 minutes. Good on ya. 

We decided not to stay in Starbucks and moved on to walk around the shopping mall. Walking around, we talked about anything and everything. It was nice talking to a guy with a subtle northern accent. Lush. We skipped into a few stores, found loads of stuff we wanted to buy at TopMan (I like their spring stuff), and then found a bowling alley IN THE MALL. I kind of wish we had been spontaneous and bowled a few rounds, but oh well. Maybe next time? 

I honestly do not have any gripes or complaints about this guy. He said he wanted to go for drinks soon and I definitely that happens.  As per usual with British men, I can never tell if our connection was on a romantic or friendship level. While I found him attractive, I don’t know if there was a sexual chemistry between us. If he turns out to be a good friend, I’m fine with that too! He does work in TV... could work to my advantage. 

Likelihood of a 2nd date: Definitely. 

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment