Tuesday 21 February 2012

Date #20: The Original 17

Date  20 of 29.

NAME: The Original 17
AGE:  21
OCCUPATION: IT 
TYPE: Justin Long
NATIONALITY: Romanian
DATE RATING: 4 Stars

This is the guy who would have been my Date 17, but cancelled on me.  I decided to give him a second chance and thank god I did, but it just keeps getting more complicated.  THREE amazing dates in a very close proximity.  I’m just torn, but I know it will all just work itself out... I hope.

Well on to the actual date.  He’s actually from Romania (again, another first), but strangely sounded completely American due to the fact that he learned English while watching American TV.  It was all a bit strange. He did feel AWFUL for cancelling,  it happened that he stayed out until 7am and we were scheduled a 10am coffee.  I totally understood and forgave him, though I did give him some sh*t for it at first.  He made up for it and took me to dinner in Soho.  It was absolutely wonderful.

There was an instant connection and we just clicked.  Boy can he talk! It wasn’t annoying, actually it was rather nice not having to talk about myself for a while.  He did say later how I barely said anything, so I tried to mend that.  I will say that he is a bit young in many ways.  He is earning more money than me with a paid internship in IT.  In a way he is temporarily more stable than me, but he still has another year of uni to complete in Manchester.  He also regrets giving up acting by going into IT and spoke a fair bit of how he misses it.  

We ended the evening with a walk along the South Bank. It was really great spending time with him... and he smelled nice.

So... what do I do? Date 16, 19 and 20 have all been amazing and for very different reasons.  Please, someone give me advice! If I ride the wave and wait until they text me first, maybe they will think I’m not interested?! I just don’t know.  They are all very different in so many ways. Which one would be better for me? But again, I must not get too hasty...

LIKELIHOOD OF 2ND DATE: I think so. 

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, that's quite a predicament. At this point I'd honestly just 'ride the wave' for now.. an answer will definitely become more apparent as time goes on. Best of luck to you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet many would love to have problems like that, haha! Maybe a second date will cause one to shine above the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey man!! I wouldn't like to be in your situation... How are you going to explain to whoever you like from these dates what are you after ??

    I would just contact them and let them know that you will only be able to meet them after the 1 march.

    I guess that when all this is over, and you quit dating, it would be easier to understand that if you keep posting your dates with them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote second dates after Feb! That way you can really give them all the go-around and see which is more fit for you than the others.. And if you decide this, you definitely have to keep all of your followers updated, seems that a lot of us LOVE this! Keep it up, we're (i am sure) reading this day after day like a novel in our bags, just to know how it ends, and hopefully thats with one person :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the dilemma, isn't it -- you don't want to seem over eager or needy but at the same time don't want to project indifference. The "wait 3 days before contacting" rule is out there enough that both sides may be waiting for the other to pull the trigger. If you really like the guy, you should reach out to him -- but like others have said, perhaps postpone the meeting until first week of March, which only is a week away. It will also give you a bit more time to think about which guy you should approach first, considering the chemistry you detected and the logistics of being together.

    ReplyDelete