Wednesday 1 February 2012

Date #1: Boring but Nice

THIS IS SO EXCITING! Here goes:

Date  1 of 29. 

NAME: Boring but Nice. 
AGE: I’d say around 25, I didn’t find out. 
OCCUPATION: Boring. 
TYPE: Nerdy
NATIONALITY: British
DATE RATING:  2 stars

I will be honest. I will normally be setting up these dates via the dreaded  Gay GPS App  from which I cannot tear myself away from (don’t pretend like you haven’t been on it at one point of your life. It’s addictive). But this guy, I actually met because he came into my restaurant with his friends and I had his waitress slip him my card. Now about my business card... I’m an actor. In the theatre industry it’s a bit twee to put “So and So. Actor.” on my card, so all there is is my name, my contact details and then my headshot is plastered on the back.  In the industry, it’s a good idea. In the real world, people wonder what it is exactly that I do.  At least he won’t forget what I look like! I rarely get up enough nerve to actually give guys my card, it’s a bit wanky, but I was feeling courageous that day.

Anyways, onto the actual date. He was nice. That’s the extent of it.  For some reason I remember him looking a bit different. I just got a picture in my head of what he looked like and it was obviously skewed from reality. That’s not to say that he wasn’t attractive, because he definitely was. He was just more nerdy and less trendy. So, not really much happened, the conversation stopped after about an hour.  We had a bit in common, both liked music(als), both liked... noodles... both... liked... yea. That’s about it. 

The Goodbye. It’s always a toss-up as to what/how we will say goodbye. Especially when I already said I don’t have to be at work for another 4 hours. This time I said “I had work to do” which was my way of saying that I need to go write this blog. So, I went in for the awkward hug at the end and when he stated “we should definitely do it again sometime”... Even I could hear the hesitance in my voice as I replied “yea! just text me”. 

Likelihood of 2nd date: Zilch. 

As I’m sitting here sipping the new vanilla spice latte (which I won’t be getting again) in my favourite [until I find a better one] Starbucks in central London, I couldn’t help but flirt with the young European 19 year old barista as he made my drink. I say European because the UK is not really anything like the rest of Europe, especially in the men’s department.  Maybe he shall be my #2?
Moral of the Story:  I don’t know how useful it is to hand out my business card at my work place. 


Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow.

CLICK TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment