Tuesday 28 February 2012

Date #27: The Boy From Oz

Date  27 of 29.

NAME: The Boy From Oz
AGE:  38
OCCUPATION:  Film Distribution
TYPE:  Tall Scruffy Runner
NATIONALITY:  Australian
DATE RATING: 1 Star

Yet another guy shows up and looks nothing like his picture. This one, instead of being 30 lbs heavier, was 30 lbs lighter.  His picture made him look like this Australian hunk of a man, but he was just scrawny and slightly camp.  Immediately, I was put off by this and took an instant dislike to him.   If I were to see him out I would definitely think he was attractive because I typically go for skinnier guys, but tonight I was in the mood for something different. 

Walking to the bar, I couldn’t help but noticed his freshly laundered clothing smell. Usually I just can’t enough of it, but this time it was a certain type of detergent that brough back mad memories.  (Yes, I know it’s weird but smells bring back memories for me,  but not as much as music.) Automatically that was strike two.  

Then we sat down, started talking and he had a really nice persona, but was slightly skeezy and rather boring.  He talked a lot but not because I was provoking him, more in a very bragging way.  He’s rather wealthy and goes on 15 holidays a year evidently.  Why he felt the need to constantly remind me of his wealth, is beyond me.  I mean granted he’s 14 years older than me and hopefully by then I will be in the same position. But, I can guarantee I won’t be talking about it endlessly on a first date!  

I did had a rather bad day and I don’t think that was in his favour.  Tomorrow is the end of this blog.  I’m just trying to figure out what was the point and what it is exactly I gained (besides a potential boyfriend) because at this particular moment all that’s coming to mind is how empty my wallet is. 

LIKELIHOOD OF 2ND DATE: Just No

Until we rendezvous again,

GoodbyeUntilTomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Coming from someone who knows nothing about dating guys (well not much about dating period), your blog has been a very interesting read, and a unique concept. I hope that it's not the end of your time in blog world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling when the person turns to be nothing like what he is in the pictures that you have seen. I guess it is essential to insist on recent pictures when communicating with a man on a gay dating site in Australia, as that would at least make the person think, so either he will provide real recent photos or may be simply back off and not meet. In any case, it will be better for us in making the judgement.

    ReplyDelete